Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Power of Advertising

My children are powerless against advertisers. For instance, Asher said to me one day, "Mommy, I wish I could drink Coors Light!" "Why?" I asked him, wondering how on earth he even knew what that was. "Because it's the most refreshing beer in the world!" Thank you, NFL Network.

Then there was Lizzie who informed me one day that I needed "Van-i-ca" for the dots on my face. She was referring to my zits that had broken out early in my pregnancy. Nice. Both kids called me to the TV one day to see the comercial. It's actually a cream to erase the wrinkles and lines. Thank you, Cartoon Network.

And finally, I discovered this much needed item the other day as we were playing Star Wars Monopoly while waiting for our clothes to dry. Lizzie was in underwear and had a blanket around her like a towel. As the banker, this was problem because she couldn't lift her arms without the blanket falling off. She said to Asher, "I need Snuggi". He said, "Yes, we should order it." To which Lizzie responds, "But it says call NOW!" Then Asher so helpfully informs her, "But you have to be 18 to order it." Snuggi. Have you seen this thing? You look like a Monk when you've got it on, but apparently it keeps you quite warm. Thank you, ABC Family.

From now on, I think I might just record myself and then play that on TV like an infomercial, maybe then they'll remember some of what mommy says!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

It can be done. A blog report.

The Craftypigs said...

They don't miss a blasted thing do they. I hope they remember the stuff their teachers say ;)